Baracuda G3 Disconnecting at Main Body

Oct 2, 2013
The cassette is disconnecting where it screws into the main body of the cleaner. Threads look good and I have tightened really tight but it still manages to disconnect itself. Maybe there is excessive vibration or something like that causing itself to unscrew itself?

The cleaner is in good shape so not sure where to go from here. I have attached a pic so you can see where it is unscrewing itself during operation.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• cleaner.jpg
    cleaner.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 57
That happens a lot with the old G4 cleaners by Zodiac. I have had it happen to one G3 on my route. The threaded area gets stripped. You can't really see it with your eyes but it is stripped enough not to hold together any longer. That part is about 1/3 the price of a new cleaner...

I just use duct tape on it and the cleaner works fine. Tape the nut and problem is solved. The tape will wear off in a few months and just re-tape it. Of course the cleaner is meant to swivel right at that point so try not to tape it too high up. The G3 is being retired by Zodiac this year and replaced with the much superior Zodiac T3.

thanks everyone, i have decided to retire my 10 year old cleaner, it runs 365 days a year since i live in South Florida so it was a real warrior but of course the hoses and internal parts are still servicable

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.