Baquacil Conversion

We have been keeping at it. This past Saturday we replaced the filter sand with new sand, and I started adding CYA today. That should reduce some of our chlorine losses during the day. The pool gets a lot of sun during the day, and we don't always make it home in the middle of the day to add more bleach. I think these dips in our FC levels hurt us. We've found that on a couple of occasions our CC level exceeds 1, so we have been continuing to maintain FC 15. I think the CYA should help with this too. Our measurements from today show very low CC. It's only slightly pink. We'll run the OCLT again tonight to see how it goes. I expect that we're nearly finished with the conversion process.

The water has been very clear. It is far clearer than I have ever seen it.
[attachment=0:p2axaoe2]small_DSC_0760.jpg[/attachment:p2axaoe2]

I'm very glad I found this forum. It has helped me a lot. I was starting the process of having the pool taken out. I was tired of having an ugly, unusable, baqa hole in the back yard. My wife convinced me to give it one last go, so I repaired the filter and we started the conversion process. Thank God I'll never have to deal with Baquacil again.

Attachments

• small_DSC_0760.jpg
    small_DSC_0760.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 24
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.