Baquacil Change Over

Jul 20, 2017
Navasota Texasa
I have a 3.5 month old 28ft round resin Dough Boy Pool with a sand filter, 1.5hp pump and I'm about to re-plum to PVC and install a Glacier pool cooler.
So I'm planning on do my change over this coming weekend. I'll be following the suggestion from this sight.
My question is, by pool only being 3.5 months old do i really need to change out the sand or can i chemically treat it?

Also thanks for adding me, i am so, so, green at this pool stuff.

Test your water frequently and add the appropriate amount of bleach to get back up to 15ppm. Do this as often as possible, as often as every hour if you can, but at least once a day..............

Don't really state how long after the staring dose but I'll assume it's after an hour or so....Just wanted a little clarification.

I think the conversion happens very fast at the beginning ... try and hour and if is dropped a LOT, maybe do not wait quite as long the next time. If you are not losing much when you test, then you can start to wait longer.

So my pool has returned to clear. I'm vacuuming what has settled at the bottom. I've used close to 70 gallons of bleach. I still can't keep my FC at 15. I'm checking it every 15-30 minutes. Is it possible I'm fighting CDX?
I haven't changed/cleaned my sand filter yet. Should I do that to help with the process?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
if you are still getting a lot of junk falling out to the bottom, you might consider putting the filter valve in recycle overnight, then vacuum the junk to waste in the morning, then back to filter during the day. or dont put it in filter position at all until you stop getting a lot of precipitate that can be vacuumed easily to waste. that saves loading up the filter. just a thought.

Very little siltument now. I vacuum a spot or 2 out just now. My pool is in direct sunlight all day. I'm wait for it to get in front of the house so I can start doseing back up to 15 to see if it holds overnight.

Attachments

• 20170731_182856.jpg
    20170731_182856.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 101
So, drop 2ppm over night, I checked it around 3:30am before going to work.
I think we are getting there. I'll vacuum again when i get home and do some scrubbing on the skimmer and hopefully it will only drop 1ppm tonight.
Then I'll be able to change out my sand and move forward 2 the next phase.

I do have one question. What is the best way to clean that dang ladder?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.