Balancing with csi

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
I've had so.e practice testing and balancing my water over last few months.
PH seems to have stabilized at 7.6, after I brought TA to 75.
Same with CH. CYA slowly creeping up, as I am using trichlor tabs to increase it (might as well use tabs for something).
Looks like it is just abovec30 ppm now.

So I wonder, how do I use CSI to balance water now? I have the "calculator" and can use it. But how do I actually use my csi to balance? I have my math pool logs shared so you can see my secrets.
Questions like which chemical to you focus on manipulating, is there order to which chemicals? Or doesn't matter as long as you stay in the -0.5 to +0.5 index. Thanks for help.

Don't get too wrapped up in CSI. It's a great tool in your TFP toolbox, but in general, as long as all of your standard parameters are within range, your CSI will be fine. Remember the CSI tends to drop in colder water, but soon it will rise. For now, keep doing what you're doing. However I would let the pH rise just a bit higher since the water is chilly (mine was also 50 degrees today). Also, round-up your TA to 80. Remember the pucks are acidic. While it's good to increase the CYA, they are pulling your pH and TA down, so be mindful of that as well. I find the link below very helpful.

I see multiple threads online about csi. Guess started thinking it is some next stage of treatment knowledge. Now that you're saying that, maybe time for me to cool with the pool guru aims, and just keep doing same.

So far it's been easy, but it's because pool is unused. I recorded my ta as 75 because I test with 10mL sample, so multiply drops by 25. 3 drops equals 492.

I try to keep the water clean. There is no debris, treated to be balanced. Wonder what I may need to watch out for as water gets warmer, and as folks actually start swimming in it. As always, super great thanks for all your info.

I recorded my ta as 75 because I test with 10mL sample, so multiply drops by 25. 3 drops equals 492.

Typo or auto correct I suspect, 3x25=75. I’ve always used the 25ml sample for TA, it just suits the normal expected range much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.