Balanced and clear but can see some oil depending on how the sun hits the water

back to the oil film.

Again, only noticeable when the sun hits it just right when you are outside or in. I have 4 scum balls floating throughout the pool. I have not tried “poly-fil” yet. I was reading about some clarifiers and how they can assist in clumping up oils so they can get sucked up into the filter but haven’t used any yet.

Any other suggestions?

My FC was at 16-17 the other day because I didn’t shut my SWG off when I covered it to heat the pool and I didn’t notice the extra chlorine assisting with breaking down the oil at all.

CSI was -0.81 but I had the pH close to 7 because I’m still working on getting TA down.

I would not use a clarifier for oil. Clarifier is designed to congregate solids into larger clumps to be filtered out.

The problem with pool store potions is they tend to have side effects you do not want.

Interesting. Had not seen that. I would be wary.
You are sure this is just sunscreen?
Not really sure, no. What else could it be though? Definitely not from our city water. Never owned a pool before this year is it ever normal to see? Pool has never been cloudy or anything.

I have never seen that much. Very odd it does not get pulled into the skimmer or picked up by the scum balls.

I’ll take some more pics. Like I said only when sun hits it and it waves you see a slight rainbow when it is directly overhead or whatever.

Are your skimmers effectively skimming, weir doors properly installed, water level good? If all those things are golden the oil should theoretically make its way to the skimmers & be absorbed by the scum bugs/balls or tennis balls (you do need to rinse them off/out occasionally).
There are also these things called pig mats, they sell them at autozone & napa. Perhaps some kind of overspray got in the pool? Or maybe ya’ll use a lot of tanning oils? Either way these should do the trick.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.