Baja Shelf Depth

Mine is 9" and we enjoy that. I think 5" more depth would be fine, but would submerge you more while in the chairs, if you have the ledge loungers that is.

Ours is about 16" and it is perfect for a $20, resin Adirondack chair. The armrests make a great spot to hold a drink, set a book, or whatever. Plus, you can cram two of these into the space of one lounge chair....more seating for more people.

I absolutely love pictures of lounge chairs in a few inches of water, but the reality is that setup is no different than being in a lounger on the grass or concrete. You aren't wet, unless the lounger is really low, or the water depth is just the right height for the lounger. Pics are beautiful and look so relaxing, but depending on your usage, may not be functional.

A few days ago, I had the sliding door open, was in my Adirondack chair on my ledge in the water, listening to my 7-year old practice piano. Our setup works for us and how we use the pool. Good news is that no matter what choice you make, you will adapt and love it however it is.

Reactions: jeskcn
Our pool is well into construction and still have to finalize the ledge. I wanted a beach entry, but we don't have enough space. I like to be able to sit on a beach chair and get my feet wet and wear my street clothes. I like 6". My son wants to lounge right on the ledge and he likes 6". My husband thinks that's too shallow because he wants to get wet sitting in a chair. He wants 9". No room for two heights unfortunately! Does anyone have 6" or 9" of water and like or dislike?

IMG_20170617_171553.jpg

We have a shallow ledge - around 6" - I like it.

We don't get much hot hot weather here by the coast, so it is sometimes nice to stay dry while having your feet wet in the pool...

I also like sitting on the edge and having most of my body out of the water. We do have a long deeper bench that runs the length of the pool if we want to sit in deeper water.

Last edited:
Reactions: S S

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you so much Santacruzpool, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you fo the picture, too. Very helpful! We're going with 6"! I've also been told we could fill the pool higher and have 8" if we wanted, so that clinched it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.