Bad Pump or something else?

charden0813

Jun 15, 2019
Middle TN
Pump was running fine yesterday and last night. This morning I cut the switch off at the pole like I always do and turned the handle to backwash. When I went to cut it back on it would not come on. Checked the breaker and it had tripped. Went to flip the breaker back on and it immediately tripped again. Unplugged the pump "twist lock" and flipped the breaker back on and it didn't trip. The electric pole by the pool also has a normal receptacle on it so I plugged the pump in to the adapter and plugged the pump in to the regular receptacle and it tripped that breaker also. Both GFCI breakers are tripping when you connect the pump to it. If I plug anything else up to the pole the breaker does not trip. Is this a bad pump or what? Thanks in advance.

Did it rain last night? My pump used to pop the breaker after it rained because water was beginning to intrude into the electrical connection box. I realize it was running until your shut it off, but electricity + water can work in unexpected ways. Short term, I bought a pump cover. Long term, I replaced the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.