Southeast, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Our cartridge filter is leaking. A new o ring has been ordered. Is it normal for pressure to be high as a result? I cleaned the cartridges yesterday and the pressure hasn’t dropped. The new o ring won’t arrive until tomorrow.

Attachments

• 03409764-F367-4557-ABA9-443DF4BFEF22.jpeg
    03409764-F367-4557-ABA9-443DF4BFEF22.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 14
  • B8996958-6B67-4573-A338-BDBDEFCADDD6.jpeg
    B8996958-6B67-4573-A338-BDBDEFCADDD6.jpeg
    672 KB · Views: 14
The O-ring would not be the cause for an elevated filter pressure. I would follow-up with the following questions:
- How did you clean your filter?
- Have you used any floc or clarifiers in the past?
- Can you post a full set of water test results?

We should know more from there.

I cleaned the filter cartridges again with a garden hose and wiped and lubed the o ring. I got the leak to stop! Filter pressure is 0 when off. Went back to 20 after cleaning filters but today we’re back at 30.

FC 9
CC 0
TA 80
PH 7.8
CYA 80
SALT 3400
Water is crystal clear other than pine needles dropped from the pine tree that’s literally over the pool.

A filter that loads up that fast does ot for one of two reasons.
1) The filter is bad
2) The filter is being overwhelmed with algae.

Yes, even if the water is not cloudy or green but just looks a little dull but , it can have algae.

So how can you tell which? Simple. Run Overnight Chlorine Loss Test If you pass, it's the filter element. If it fails, you have algae.

A filter that loads up that fast does ot for one of two reasons.
1) The filter is bad
2) The filter is being overwhelmed with algae.

Yes, even if the water is not cloudy or green but just looks a little dull but , it can have algae.

So how can you tell which? Simple. Run Overnight Chlorine Loss Test If you pass, it's the filter element. If it fails, you have algae.
I’ll try this tonight. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.