North San Diego County
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I think I may have encountered my first issue with a reagent. I noticed when I opened the DPD powder today that it was darker than normal. It is normally lighter/whiter and today it seemed dark and purple. I tried using it but it never really turned the water pink properly and thus was a challenge to get it to turn back to clear. Anyway, I was just wondering if I was off base with my hunch? I went ahead and purchased some more DPD powder and 871 just in case through TFPTestKits. Probably won't be here until next week so until then I am just keeping my SWG at full blast just in case but there is no indication at all of any algae issues. It's just a precaution on my side.

The R-0870 powder is sensitive to moisture and if it is stored in a humid location it can be affected.

How did you have it stored?

Thanks, yeah maybe it could have. It was stored in my garage but who knows. Yeah the purple-ish color sort of made me think something was off. I'll toss it and wait for the new stuff to arrive next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.