Bad Cell or No

AZTom

Oct 9, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I have a SJ40 that was working fine. CircuPool had a sale on new cells and ordered one as mine was 4+ years old. Installed new one (keeping old one as spare) and it worked fine for a couple months, then I started getting a flashing power light and no salt being generated. Install the old cell and it works fine, install old one and nothing. Back to old one and it’s working normally. Have to send in cell (at my cost) to CircuPool and they say it works fine. I protest and now they want me to send in the controller because of possible connection issue. If it’s a connection issue isn’t that a problem with the new cell? Feel like I’m getting the run around.

Last edited:
Tom,

It sure sounds like a bad cell to me, but I suspect that you are not getting the runaround, but just basic bureaucracy.. Some tech, or customer service guy, has a checklist that tells him what to do next.. Real techs, that actually think for themselves, are hard to find now-a-days...

In a nice way (**), I'd ask to speak to a manager and see what you can get done..

**.. In a past life I ran several warranty repair centers, with real techs, for non-pool related items.. When a customer would call and ask me what I could do to help with a problem, I'd bend over backwards to make things right.. When a customer would call and "demand" that I do something, I would follow our bureaucrat procedures to the letter.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Good news, after escalating to the Service Manager they are sending me a new (older) cell. There is a new version of the SJ 40 available and the cell is physically different. He thinks that may be the issue with the connection to the old style controller. I’m assuming it will work perfectly since my old cell still works, albeit less efficiently since it’s 4.5 years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.