Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations on what size shed they would get for their backyard? I can also store things in my garage in the winter. Trying to figure out if I get something that is around 8x8 or if I will want more space. Would love to be able to put in an outdoor bathroom but that will have to be down the road, if ever. Probably max I would go is 10’x12’, max.
Costco had a lifetime 7.5’x7.5’ shed for $850...was nicer and bigger than I expected.
There are also a number of Amish shed builders in my general area that have nice wood or vinyl sheds but they are a bit more expensive, $3-$5k.
I wouldn’t really store lawn equipment like a mower or any of that stuff. Most likely pool stuff, any pool chemicals, maybe some outdoor furniture (not sure if it would end up in shed or garage), robot.
Also, what location do you find best: closest to pool equipment, in the corner of the yard, other location?

Thanks,
Jim

Reactions: Lane Lane
Our pool shed is a bit larger (more like 12x9) than you speak of, but we also have space for an apartment sized fridge/freezer for beer, soda, ect., a large table with table top fan, our robot's power pack and some battery chargers set up on it. A table for towels. A place from rafters that allow us to hang our foam floats (and they've lasted 9 years and look great so that helps a lot. We also have a shelf built in with liquor, bar supplies and margarita machine. My only gripe is Skippy ends up dumping his tools in there and it drives me nuts. It can get crowded in nthere!

We could have easily put a bathroom in it had we had the money at the time and a more permanent shed, The sewage line runs right in front of the door.

Maddie :flower:

Our pool shed is a bit larger (more like 12x9) than you speak of, but we also have space for an apartment sized fridge/freezer for beer, soda, ect., a large table with table top fan, our robot's power pack and some battery chargers set up on it. A table for towels. A place from rafters that allow us to hang our foam floats (and they've lasted 9 years and look great so that helps a lot. We also have a shelf built in with liquor, bar supplies and margarita machine. My only gripe is Skippy ends up dumping his tools in there and it drives me nuts. It can get crowded in nthere!

We could have easily put a bathroom in it had we had the money at the time and a more permanent shed, The sewage line runs right in front of the door.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for the reply! This will be our first year with the pool so we will see. The one at Costco was there last week but sold out now, not surprising, so maybe we will have to see what our needs are once the pool is actually completed. It seems like not many in our neighborhood follow the townships regulations about sheds and distance from property line so maybe I could do a little bigger for the right price.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! This will be our first year with the pool so we will see. The one at Costco was there last week but sold out now, not surprising, so maybe we will have to see what are needs are once the pool is actually completed. It seems like not many in our neighborhood follow the townships regulations about sheds and distance from property line so maybe I could do a little bigger for the right price.
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations on what size shed they would get for their backyard? I can also store things in my garage in the winter. Trying to figure out if I get something that is around 8x8 or if I will want more space. Would love to be able to put in an outdoor bathroom but that will have to be down the road, if ever. Probably max I would go is 10’x12’, max.
Costco had a lifetime 7.5’x7.5’ shed for $850...was nicer and bigger than I expected.
There are also a number of Amish shed builders in my general area that have nice wood or vinyl sheds but they are a bit more expensive, $3-$5k.
I wouldn’t really store lawn equipment like a mower or any of that stuff. Most likely pool stuff, any pool chemicals, maybe some outdoor furniture (not sure if it would end up in shed or garage), robot.
Also, what location do you find best: closest to pool equipment, in the corner of the yard, other location?

Thanks,
Jim
We’re just into our second year. Takes a bit to recover from the build costs before beginning the enhancements 😄We purchased a 10x20 shed to use as a pool house. That was the largest we could go without having to get a permit. We are using it primarily to have a place for the grand kids to get out of the (AZ) sun. We added electrical drywall and flooring but no unfortunately not plumbed for toilet. Still a work in progress. We use various storage cabinets for supplies, robot and stuff.
Marianne

Attachments

• 79E0B6C8-224B-4B10-83D0-61AEEA0B1193.jpeg
    79E0B6C8-224B-4B10-83D0-61AEEA0B1193.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 7FC1C22B-ECC4-40E9-9282-D76F2B492420.jpeg
    7FC1C22B-ECC4-40E9-9282-D76F2B492420.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.