tank47

Bronze Supporter
Apr 28, 2019
NJ
Looking for feedback on backyard heaters. I'm adding a covered pavilion (20x14) to backyard with TV / Bar and wondering how practical these are. Would love to get as much use out of the pavilion. Are they useless once temps are below 40? I think I would have to go electric if I wanted something ceiling mounted.

Anyone have experience in similar climate (I'm in NJ)?

Thanks for your reply. Yes looking like if I was to do it it would probably be infrared. My ceiling height would be 9-8', it's on a slant. Just wondering if I'll get a fair share of use in 35-40 degree weather for some nighttime football games.

My parents neighbors have 4 electrical infrared ceiling mounted ones. The service alone to power them is huge! They are always out there in the middle of the winter. Last year they had thanksgiving day dinner out there. We are in nepa. It was cold last turkey day! I thought about doing them in my pool house with canvas blinds that come down in the opening to keep the heat in. I decided against it when I saw how much they take away from my ceiling. I’m glad I didn’t do them cause the new fireplace my dad’s buddy built for me can heat a mall I think. It is a blast furnace. Once I get those canvas blings next year I think I can live out there. But to answer ur question my parents neighbors live out there in winter. They r under cover woth 9 foot ceilings. 3 sides open.

My parents neighbors have 4 electrical infrared ceiling mounted ones. The service alone to power them is huge! They are always out there in the middle of the winter. Last year they had thanksgiving day dinner out there. We are in nepa. It was cold last turkey day! I thought about doing them in my pool house with canvas blinds that come down in the opening to keep the heat in. I decided against it when I saw how much they take away from my ceiling. I’m glad I didn’t do them cause the new fireplace my dad’s buddy built for me can heat a mall I think. It is a blast furnace. Once I get those canvas blings next year I think I can live out there. But to answer ur question my parents neighbors live out there in winter. They r under cover woth 9 foot ceilings. 3 sides open.
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you! I'll be about same height with 3 sides open. I've seen your build, that fireplace and backyard set-up is incredible, nice work! Hoping it won't take away too much from ceiling, I'm 6'4" as it is so i'm sensitive to that height clearance!

We have a bit bigger partially covered patio and installed 2x 4,000 watt bromic heaters that we love. They cover the 25 foot wide patio and you can feel them 10-12 feet deep into the patio. Just gotta remember to turn them off at end of night because they burn through electricity!

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you! I'll be about same height with 3 sides open. I've seen your build, that fireplace and backyard set-up is incredible, nice work! Hoping it won't take away too much from ceiling, I'm 6'4" as it is so i'm sensitive to that height clearance!

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.