Backwash valve collars broken - any options to replacing the whole valve?

Jun 11, 2015
Plano, Texas
Hello all, have a problem that's been brewing for a year or so that I now need to fix. See attached image. A pool "professional" cracked both collars attaching the filter to the backwash valve while he was cleaning the filter a while back. I typically do my own work, but was traveling a lot, so found a Groupon deal for a cleaning. Didn't notice this for a couple of month after, and now it's gotten progressively worse over the winter. Of course the guy has disappeared, so I'm on my own.

Any ideas on possible ways to repair this infuriating mess without replacing the whole backwash valve? The way my plumbing was done, it'll be a real pain to cut it out and plumb a new one in. Thanks in advance!IMG_3792.jpg

Sorry to say there's really no easy fix for this. Those unions are cracked all the way around and that part is factory installed. I wouldn't take any chances with this it could come completely apart and that could be a larger issue

Have been trying to get in touch with Pentair, to ask about this, but looks like they actually make a replacement union set that would work for this. Just need to get the old glued PVC parts on the backwash filter separated. Any thoughts??

IMG_3822.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.