Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2020
London U.K.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Newbie just upgrading from an Intex pump. The Intex had a cover for the backwash port, do I need to do that on the new kit?
It’s current got a 1.5” female threaded socket on the multi port valve and also came with union valve with 1.5” plain socket. Do I just need to get a hose tail for the socket or something more complicated to close it off when not backwashing?

7AF0D8C0-A9EE-4AD5-9FAD-2F56C9A70731.jpeg4E7A020A-CAC9-4BE8-BCDC-D678F2049D12.jpeg

Hello! :wave: You should not need to close that backwash port if the multiport valve is operating properly because water should not go out that port unless you want it to. As for what to connect, yes, generally folks connect a backwash hose to direct water flow to a suitable location during backwash or waste operations. Hope that helps.

Reactions: BoringDamo
Hello! :wave: You should not need to close that backwash port if the multiport valve is operating properly because water should not go out that port unless you want it to. As for what to connect, yes, generally folks connect a backwash hose to direct water flow to a suitable location during backwash or waste operations. Hope that helps.
Thanks, it does. I was hoping it wouldn’t need something but I’ve nothing to compare to other than the Intex which does have a cap. Finding a tail is easy!! Now to order my plumbing bits!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.