Backwash Line

Hammond

Bronze Supporter
Apr 23, 2017
Dallas, TX
My backwash line runs from the pump around the side of the house to connect to the sewer line in front of the house. It has a leak and when I backwash it leaves a big puddle besides the house. I’m thinking of removing the flex tube coming out of the valve and connecting one of those collapsible 2” hoses and running it out or over the fence behind the heater into the alley

I’m worried about whether I can make a u-turn with one of those hoses. Will it bend like that? Also, will the pump push the water over the fence or do I need to cut a hole in the fence for the hose to fit through?

My experience with the blue vinyl backwash hoses: no, it will not bend like that. It will inflate, crimp itself shut, and blow. It also wouldn't like going over a fence. They like broad sweeping curves, maximum support, and not one single wrinkle. It's worth walking back and forth straightening and unkinking it before backwashing commences. Trust me.

A surplus fire hose might be able to take it. Check eBay.

You could also plumb up some PVC from the backwash port to a good spot and switch to flex hose there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.