Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
The pool naturally returned to preferred swimming temperatures. Tomorrow, I'm putting the thermal cover on the pool to see if I can REALLY heat it up. They "claim" up to 10 degrees gain. We will see. With the cover, I may heat the pool this fall. No matter what, I'll extend my SWG operation.

80F seems fairly cooling, when you are used to 90F water...

I will swim laps down to 70F. I just prefer something like 86-88F.

Reactions: Dirk
Not to rub it in, well, OK, I will! We've got a heat wave coming this week. Pool temp is still holding. It's been a great swim season and it's not quite over. Can we still say "Indian Summer?" 🌞 Makes up for last year's slim season, for sure.

Red, great looking setup!

Now I need to let the wrinkles subside. Then do the final cut. And then do a cover for the hot tub. Water is now 82F!

Yep, that is the roller. I had to clean it off and remove the wheels. It is out of the view of the breakfast table which keeps Mrs. Beard happy.

I had a cover years ago, but it disintegrated. With my really enjoying the pool this year, I decided to extend the season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They both need a little more trimming. The Hot tub needs about 1/2" on the side. The main pool maybe a couple of inches, side to side and maybe an inch at the end.

OK, you've got me inspired to get busy... If only I spent as much time on/in/with my pool and yard as I do writing about them...
:hammer:

Not to rub it in, well, OK, I will! We've got a heat wave coming this week. Pool temp is still holding. It's been a great swim season and it's not quite over. Can we still say "Indian Summer?" 🌞 Makes up for last year's slim season, for sure.

Red, great looking setup!

Jealous! I doubt we will see 70 again here in IL. My son is a polar bear though and says he's still gonna swim this week, so pool is still open :ROFLMAO: (no heater!)

It "cooled off" here with the past week lows in the middle 50's and highs in the 80's. That should have chilled the water right off. I finally hooked the cover up to my reel this morning and pulled the cover off. There were quite a few leaves, but I expect this will be not so bad if I remove it every day.

Water is 82F at the moment. 1/2 mile swim at noon was nice.

Uncovered

uncovered.jpg

Cover on the Reel

reel cover.jpg

Tom working hard to get the last of the leaves.

Tom working hard.jpg

We're in the middle of another mini-heatwave here. Over 100 last few days. Pool is still warmish, swimmable. We're either having the best summer ever, or this is the beginning of end-of-days (otherwise known as global warming). Either way, its nice to have a pool right about now! ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.