Back to 80 Degrees!

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
The pool naturally returned to preferred swimming temperatures. Tomorrow, I'm putting the thermal cover on the pool to see if I can REALLY heat it up. They "claim" up to 10 degrees gain. We will see. With the cover, I may heat the pool this fall. No matter what, I'll extend my SWG operation.

80F seems fairly cooling, when you are used to 90F water...

I will swim laps down to 70F. I just prefer something like 86-88F.

Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Not to rub it in, well, OK, I will! We've got a heat wave coming this week. Pool temp is still holding. It's been a great swim season and it's not quite over. Can we still say "Indian Summer?" 🌞 Makes up for last year's slim season, for sure.

Red, great looking setup!

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Is that your roller way in the back? Pretty well disguised. I couldn't hide one like that.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
I definitely like that aspect of a cover, I just know I'm too lazy to use one.

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
They both need a little more trimming. The Hot tub needs about 1/2" on the side. The main pool maybe a couple of inches, side to side and maybe an inch at the end.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
OK, you've got me inspired to get busy... If only I spent as much time on/in/with my pool and yard as I do writing about them...
:hammer:

Woodstock1234

Aug 4, 2020
Illinois
Not to rub it in, well, OK, I will! We've got a heat wave coming this week. Pool temp is still holding. It's been a great swim season and it's not quite over. Can we still say "Indian Summer?" 🌞 Makes up for last year's slim season, for sure.

Red, great looking setup!
Jealous! I doubt we will see 70 again here in IL. My son is a polar bear though and says he's still gonna swim this week, so pool is still open :ROFLMAO: (no heater!)

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
If I work reeeeheeeheealy hard in the garden, I'll do a dip down to about 70-75, but 70 is the threshold! 🥶

• Haha
Reactions: mariane

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
It "cooled off" here with the past week lows in the middle 50's and highs in the 80's. That should have chilled the water right off. I finally hooked the cover up to my reel this morning and pulled the cover off. There were quite a few leaves, but I expect this will be not so bad if I remove it every day.

Water is 82F at the moment. 1/2 mile swim at noon was nice.

Uncovered

uncovered.jpg

Cover on the Reel

reel cover.jpg

Tom working hard to get the last of the leaves.

Tom working hard.jpg

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Been holding 75 in mine with cover on in NE Texas. No more HEAT waves looking likely so I'm giving it up now.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
We're in the middle of another mini-heatwave here. Over 100 last few days. Pool is still warmish, swimmable. We're either having the best summer ever, or this is the beginning of end-of-days (otherwise known as global warming). Either way, its nice to have a pool right about now! ;)