Away for 10 days

Welcome! :wave: Your pool info is not in your signature, so without knowing much about your pool, I would start with the folllowing:
1. Program pump to run a little each day to circulate water, mix chemicals, and/or push surface debrs to the skimmer
2. Have a friend or neighbor check your skimmer to make sure it's not full/plugged
3. How do you chlorinate? Liquid chlorine (bleach) or salt water generator? If bleach, have someone add some each day if possible
4. Some people will place a chlorine "floater" in the pool with a few tablets to maintain chlorine

Tell us more about your pool and we may have more suggestions.

Hi texas!

Tks for the reply. Updated my signature.

I 'll try to have someone to add a cup or two of chlorine each day and program the pump to run every day.

My main issue is the level of the water to decrease and damage the pump. Guess I will have to ask for more favors to someone...

Depending on what your CYA level is, you can bring your FC up to shock level before you leave. For people who do not have automated chlorine injection/production systems, you can also place a floating chlorine dispenser in the pool containing a few tabs to help maintain the FC level while you are away.

I recently left on a 7 day vacation but I have a stenner pump to add the required chlorine 3 times per day to maintain my FC levels. I also run my pump from 8 AM to 8 PM every day. Since my CYA was 50, my target FC is about 6 ppm, but I brought it up to 10 ppm before I left just to be safe. I also had a family member who could check the water level and add some if it got too low. You might want to ask a neighbor to check on your pool once or twice and add water if it is needed. They could also add some chlorine for you to ensure your FC levels don't drop too low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.