AutoPilot Tri Sensor Replacement

Steverino

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
Central PA
So we have an older AutoPilot DIG-220 that has started with the "Purifier Off Check Flow!" warning. There is plenty of flow, so I am figuring the tri sensor has gone on permanent vacation. I think I replaced it once before due to salt reading problems. Anyway, before I ordered a new sensor, I thought I'd pull the old one out and just take a look at the flow sensor part of things - see if anything was obviously amiss.

Pulled the two screws out and tried to budge the sensor - wouldn't move at all. Got my big channel locks and carefully tried twisting / wiggling the unit, with no luck at all. Got more aggressive, as much as I dared without risking shattering the rest of the housing. Still no dice. Tried prying against the lip on the sensor, but all that does is try to separate the bottom cap of the sensor from the rest. At this point I am thinking I may need to try ordering the housing and sensor, as I'm not at all sure I'll get it out without housing damage.

Has anyone encountered this? I am somewhat surprised that the rubber O-ring is this stubborn. Suggestions (or commiserations) welcome! Thanks!

Nothing goes as easy as it should.

See if the salt pool guys.com has any suggestions for removing your Tri sensor

Nothing goes as easy as it should.

See if the salt pool guys.com has any suggestions for removing your Tri sensor

Thanks Allen! I didn't come up with any good suggestions for removal, so I ended up ordering a combo kit of the sensor and the section of plumbing that it plugs into. It wasn't really that much more expensive than just the sensor alone, and will hopefully let me get things back up and running again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.