Automation mode, do I have to turn OFF plug before next day ON?

ride525

Gold Supporter
Jun 17, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I have Dolphin Advantage, similar to E20, Dx3, etc.

After much searching and reading, I figured out how to set my Dolphin Advantage into Automation mode by hold down the Schedule button for 10+ seconds, then pressing Power On button, then unplugging.

Just one question, in order to make the robot go on the next time, do I have to first turn off the smart plug, then turn it back on.

Thanks,
Jeff

in order to make the robot go on the next time, do I have to first turn off the smart plug, then turn it back on
In automation mode, the robot starts when the plug switches from off to on, and it obviously stops when the plug switches off. The robot might also automatically stop after a couple of hours even if the plug stays on -- I don't know, since I set my plug to switch off after an hour.

But regardless, the robot doesn't run any schedules while it's in automation mode. So the plug needs to provide an off-to-on transition each time you want the robot to start up. Which means that the plug must switch off between runs.

Thanks for your answer, Drew. I got mine working with Alexa and a smart plug. It will run for two hours if your OFF command happens that long or longer. Or as your said, it will stop at OFF when OFF happens in less than two hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.