Automation/Light Question

FrozenDallas

Feb 15, 2021
Dallas
I currently have an older Aqualogic/Goldine control system that was in place when we purchased the house 5+ years ago. Last summer, the timer feature stopped working (it basically takes about a month for the clock to move 24 hours) so we have been manually operating the filter daily which wasn't that big of a deal during COVID, but now that we are spending more time away from the house, it's probably time to resolve this. I would like a system I can control from my phone. Note my existing pump is a Hayward variable speed.

I've gotten mixed advice on solutions as one potential installer told me an "upgrade" wasn't available for Hayward and is pricing a new "Omni PL" system. Another company provided a quote for a Hayward "upgrade" option which included a Hayward ProLogic Local Display; Hayward Main PCB-Pro, Aquaplus with Aqua Connect Bundle and a Hayward RF Antenna. Then also provided a separate option if I wanted to ditch Hayward and move to Pentair which he said he prefers (Pentair Intellicenter). Pricing for Pentair system and installation is almost double the Hayward "upgrade".

Does anyone have a view on these options? If the Hayward "upgrade" technology is lacking or obsolete, I'm not opposed to biting the bullet now if I'm going to want to upgrade again in the next few years. Can Pentair control a Hayward pump with no issue? The first guy I talked with last summer seemed to think that might be an issue.

Finally, I also want to upgrade to LED lights. Would I need Hayward lights if I stay with a Hayward controller or Pentair if Pentair controller or are these interchangeable? Any suggestions here?

Any advice is appreciated. One problem in Dallas is all of the pool equipment installers are beyond slammed and in many cases just getting backlogged parts in from the winter freeze. It's hard to get anyone out to provide a quote much less spend a lot of time answering questions so I'm trying to educate myself.

I can give you a similar option that is DIY by the maker of almost every single timer out there.. Intermatic has its own system and it has worked flawless in the last 9 years..

Are you saying a timer for the existing system? Or DIY automation. The timer going out is what has motivated me to look at options but eventually getting automation/ios control has been on my "eventually" list since we bought the house with the pool.

I say DIY but it really is not.. you are the person putting it in, so do it yourself.. :)

Looking back on it I really do not think you want it.. Multiwave has the wireless remote but I do not think it connects to a phone.. at least I have not found it...

Please fill out your sigline with your equipment. For a question like this, it is critical. Include model #s. Here -> https://www.troublefreepool.com/account/signature

Automation is designed to control your pool scheduling, water features (if any), SWGs, lights, temperature, and more. To that end, equipment should be able to be controlled by the automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.