Automatic spa shuttoff after X hours w/ Jandy Aqualink?

fwb

Jun 8, 2017
Las Vegas
Occasionally one of my family members forgets to turn the spa off and the jets, air blower, heater, etc are left on all night if I'm not around to notice. I'd like to install a user-friendly controller that will automatically turn all spa features off after 5 hours if left on. I have an old Jandy Aqualink, doesn't say what version but pre-2004. I'm pretty sure this is what I need to upgrade the board and add a wifi connection: Amazon.com : Zodiac Jandy IQ900-RS Aqualink Upgrade Kit RS System : Outdoor And Patio Products : Garden & Outdoor

So assuming I get that installed, can anyone confirm if I can use an app like tasker to set some sort of automated shutoff routine? Or an other easier solution? The "time out" mode on the service box is perfect, because it reverts everything back to normal after a few hours, but it's not user friendly at all to walk out there in the cold behind the shed and push the button (nor will my family know how to do it).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.