Automatic pool cover recommendations

Jul 27, 2016
Texas
Hi

The wife is adamant on having an automatic pool cover for safety reasons. Which of the following brands are the most reliable, or doesn't anyone have any experiences with:
1. Aquamatic
2. Coverstar
3. Automatic Pool Covers, Inc.

Thanks!

We have a Coverstar pool cover. You can certainly scare yourself out of any brand reading online reviews. Autocover reviews get pretty passionate because the my are so expensive and repairs are expensive too.

That said, ours has been within reasonable expectations. There is really so little representation here that I would never say one of those large brands is viewed more highly than others.

A lot of it will come down to the local branch that installs/services you. In MD, our local service company is Coverstar East Coast. They are very responsive and expensive. Which is better than expensive and not very responsive.

Overall we are quite pleased to have it. Great for safety and cleanliness.

We also have a Coverstar cover. I can’t comment on how it compares to the other brands listed, but I can tell you that I love our cover. I have complete peace of mind that nobody, including our dog, is getting in the pool unless they are supposed to be in the pool. It also makes keeping the pool clean much easier. Good luck with your decision!

I looked at all three and decided on Coverstar based on the recommendation of a neighbor who has one. The dealer is probably as important as the brand. I have an aluminum bench that covers our cover since it is exposed. The base of the bench is lagged to the concrete but the top is removable so you can clean the cover. The wind wanted to lift the top. The dealer came out and installed locks to hold the top in place at no charge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.