Automatic Pool Cleaner

Your E30 is the same robot as mine. But the Triton PS Plus (S300+ aka T.O.M.) mine came with both fine (leaf) and extra fine baskets. You can buy the extra fine plates on Amazon. You can also buy an extra internal leaf basket for use with the extra fine plates.
T.O.M. has a different control unit which is WiFi/Bluetooth, has 2 cleaning cycles (2 hour and 1 hour bottom only) and allows 7 day a week programming on your phone.
If I had to do it over again, I would probably go with an S200 (or equal) and use the "Automation Mode" and hardwire it into my Pool Automation system cleaner relay for "Programming".
FWIW I reached out to Marina on getting the 9983106 Rough Pre-Filter insert + 9991467-R4 Ultra Fine Pleat Filter upgrade. Margaret said to try the stock E30 Fine filter but if I still want to upgrade to reach out to her and I can get the rough/ultra for a pretty nice discount off list.

If I had to do it all over again I'd have loved to have gotten the Warrior SE (edit the SI!) since it comes with the rought/fine as is and also has the ability to be controlled from the app incase I needed to do any spot cleaning AND it would have been significantly cheaper than the E30+filter upgrades. Oh well.

Last edited:
The Warrior SE is the same as the Triton PS Plus. I bought the fine (leaf) prefilter which slips inside the basket, and run the ultra fine plates. I'm amazed at how much dirt the ultra fine collects.
On Spot cleaning, I bought the Lithium Battery Pool Blaster. Rake for leaves (and worms). Robot for generally cleaning (including walls) and pool blaster (portable battery suction cleaner) for spot cleaning, stairs and the spa.

Pretty happy with my E30 thus far, but it's certainly far from a "tangle free" cable. Have had to stop the machine twice so far to untangle the cord. Anyone know any "tricks" for keeping the cable on these cleaners from tangling?
From what I've read, owners have had decent luck by laying out the cord in a straight line on their deck in the sun to help 'relax' it before putting the robot in the pool.
Another question.... With a CYA of 40, TFP recommends FC be kept at 5 to 7 with a minimum of 3. The E30 owner's manual says that the cleaner should not operate in a pool with FC over 4. How concerned should I be if my FC is at 5 or 6 and I want to run the pool cleaner?
From what I've read TFP's method of FC levels combined with CYA make it so the TFP FC 5-7 isn't the same as a CYA of 0 and FC to 5-7. So I'm assuming/hoping the E30's manual is thinking the FC of 4 is with a CYA of 0. Probably need to give Marina a shout for the straight dope. Although I'm expecting some eventual discoloration after a couple seasons anyway.

The Warrior SE is the same as the Triton PS Plus. I bought the fine (leaf) prefilter which slips inside the basket, and run the ultra fine plates. I'm amazed at how much dirt the ultra fine collects.
On Spot cleaning, I bought the Lithium Battery Pool Blaster. Rake for leaves (and worms). Robot for generally cleaning (including walls) and pool blaster (portable battery suction cleaner) for spot cleaning, stairs and the spa.
I'm sorry, but I messed it up again. The Prowler 930 is the Same as the Triton PS Plus. If I had to do it again for this Model, I would have chosen the Dolphin Proteus DX5i or the Doheny's Mercury. T.O.M. is easy to spot in the pool.

1622745320397.png

T.O.M. = Terribly Orange Monster

1622745400329.jpeg

Not to be confused with my parent's cat which I also named T.O.M. - He would not like being in the pool

1622745948788.jpeg

Last year I tried a Dolphin S200 Demo and loved it. I promised myself to get one this season, but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere this year.

First question: Anyone know where I can buy the S200?

Next question: I found the cleaners that look similar below...

Dolphin Proteus DX4 - $849 (Leslie's)

Dolphin Nautilus CC PLus - $839 (Amazon)

Explorer E30 - $769 (Marina)

They seem similar, but I'm wondering if there are any significant differences in these machines.

Each has a 60' swivel cord. I believe each has the top loading filter. The Explorer looks like it comes with a Spring and Ultra fine filters (other just seem to have the Fine filter). The Explorer also shows one standard and one Active brush. I believe the others have one Active brush. (What exactly is a Standard brush?)

Are all of these machines made by Maytronics? Are they essentially the same as the S200?

I appreciate any info/ recommendations on these or other automatic cleaners. Thanks.

Just got the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus. And I love this thing!

From what I've read TFP's method of FC levels combined with CYA make it so the TFP FC 5-7 isn't the same as a CYA of 0 and FC to 5-7. So I'm assuming/hoping the E30's manual is thinking the FC of 4 is with a CYA of 0. Probably need to give Marina a shout for the straight dope. Although I'm expecting some eventual discoloration after a couple seasons anyway.
I'm going to send them an email. Haven't had much luck when calling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Twist it around a bit and make sure it is rotating.
I have attached a photo of the white, tangle-free module. on my E30. Is the bottom piece (piece on the large end of the module) supposed to rotate freely (it's doesn't). I can turn the cord in the module, but nothing on the white plastic module moves. The little blue ball (2nd photo) does turn freely. Just wondering if my machine's tangle-free mechanism is not working like it is supposed to. Thanks.

IMG_1709.jpeg
IMG_1710.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.