"Automated" pool chemical testing w wifi ??

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello & Happy Father's Day to all,

My youngest daughter really thought hard for a Father's Day gift and was very thoughtful. She knows pools are A LOT of maintenance. Therefore, she told me she ordered me, but has not arrived, a wifi-based pool water chemical testing system. I was told that it resides in the skimmer and via wifi and ph App, you can determine your pool chemical reading real time/anytime. This is all I really know at this point.

Does anyone know about these devices and whether they are accurate or not? If there are some makes/models that work vs ones that do not, that would be great to know too. We all know 99% of the pool store tests are incorrect, so if this technology is similar their testing equipment, then the answer is obvious.

Thank you very much.

I used the WaterGuru for about a year but ultimately abandoned its use. It was fairly accurate, but it took readings everyday (unable to adjust frequency) and the cartridges weren't very cheap. Also, customer service was spotty and a few members here had some issues getting a hold of anyone for troubleshooting. There might be more recent experiences, so perhaps do a search for WaterGuru and it should come up with some relevant information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.