Auto Pilot Check flow-Union basket always full

Bufbandit

May 30, 2020
Buffalo NY
This started a bit last year after I bought a new cartridge filter. The check flow error would come on, I would check the union basket. It would be caked with debris. I’d clean it and good as new for a few weeks. It started happening more frequently after the new cartridge but this year it’s almost happening daily. I’d check the union basket and it’s just covered in debris. This didn’t seem to happen as much with my old cartridge. Could it be just a lousy filter cartridge? I have cleaned it 4 times already this season with a comb water pic as well as soaked it in dishwasher detergent. I don’t see any holes or anything in it. It’s a pletco advantage so it’s not like it’s generic or anything.

Welcome to TFP!

Please fill out a signature to include your pool equipment.

Something is wrong with your main filter. Nothing should be getting by it that clogs up the SWG filter screen. Take your filter apart and check it for closely tears, misalignment and manifold problems.

Buf,

Welcome to TFP! You've come to the right place for advice as we have experts on everything and we don't sell anything. So you can be assured you're getting the straight scoop.

Something doesn't sound right here and we need more information so experts can help. What do you mean by the "union basket"? Please do fill out the "signature". Here's how. Brands and model numbers are very helpful. This will save you replying to all the same questions over and over. What does your pool look like? Can you post a couple photos of the filter cartridge and the inside of the housing, pool, and equipment area?

Thanks for joining up here and I'm sure with a little more info we'll be able to help you solve this.

Chris

Yep. They didn’t reply back. I bought it last season, when I received it, I thought it wouldn’t last the year. The bands weren’t on very securely and all the pleats were all over the place. The generic cartridge that the filter came with lasted 3 years. I bought the same one and I couldn’t be happier now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.