Auto chlorination using the suction (aeration) port on the Intex eyeball?

Built a PVC tank and stood it on the ground next to the pool. I kept track of the amount of water that was sucked out of the tank each hour. The flow rate dropped each hour as the level dropped lower in the tank. There was not enough suction to drain the tank to the point that it began sucking air.

So..... it appears I can make a tank that could be hung horizontally from the side of the pool and simply raise or lower the tank to adjust the flow rate to deliver the desired amount of chlorine. I have so many things going on at the moment that I have not assembled a tank to test the theory, but I feel confident it will work.

Attachments

• B422FDB1-F1AE-4C72-AA9A-46D16ED75F8C.jpeg
    B422FDB1-F1AE-4C72-AA9A-46D16ED75F8C.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 3
it appears I can make a tank that could be hung horizontally from the side of the pool and simply raise or lower the tank to adjust the flow rate to deliver the desired amount of chlorine. I have so many things going on at the moment that I have not assembled a tank to test the theory, but I feel confident it will work.
That's an interesting way to control the flow, but it sounds feasible. A long, low height tank like you have should work good when you place it horizontally.

That's an interesting way to control the flow, but it sounds feasible. A long, low height tank like you have should work good when you place it horizontally.
Yeah, I wanted to keep it as low tech and simple as possible...... less things to go wrong. A little paracord or a couple ratchet straps to adjust the height relative to the suction port and that should be all that is required to set the rate of flow. With the shallow horizontal tank the flow rate won’t change much from full to empty either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.