Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We have not really used the spa much until now, since guidance was to not heat water above 90 degrees during curing time.
Spa is on same pump and SWCG as the pool. Yesterday we set the pump to "spa", spa heat to 99, heater to auto, and it heated it right up. To keep the heat in a bit, when we switched back to "pool" pump setting, we set the pump to low. (On low, the water doesn't come up through the spa an run the waterfalls. )
When we are in spa mode, what should we set the spa/SWCG to? How long can we run the pool pump on low, without filtering/chlorinating the spa?
I hate to have to keep reheating the spa water.
We have pool school from PB next week, but wanted your thoughts as well.

An integrated spa will always need to be reheated.

Are you using a Spillway function so you only circulate the spa water a couple times a day? Otherwise, you most likely have a spa make up line that is constantly diverting water to the spa when the pump runs in Pool mode.

What automation do you have?

An integrated spa will always need to be reheated.

Are you using a Spillway function so you only circulate the spa water a couple times a day? Otherwise, you most likely have a spa make up line that is constantly diverting water to the spa when the pump runs in Pool mode.

What automation do you have?
I think it's the second. When filter is in pool mode, pool water comes up through the spa and waterfalls spill over into the pool, UNLESS we set the filter to low. Then the spa doesn't spill over into the pool. I think that we could keep the water separate, as long as we switch from spa to "low pool" mode and back. If we are doing that, I'm trying to figure out how long to run the spa , and what the spa chlorinator settings should be (less water, so less chlorine?)
Thx.

So you call one mode 'low pool'. Does that shut off the make up line? Otherwise, you are putting at least some water into the spa.

In your automation, you can set a SWCG % setting for when you are in Spa mode. Most of the time that is set for about 10% of the Pool mode setting. Or you can determine how much chlorine you want added in Spa Mode based on Poolmath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.