Astral VX7S Replacement Cell

Jun 14, 2015
Brandon, MS
Hi good people - Have a question(s) regarding cell replacement. Cell went bad at the end of last fall. Been dosing with LC since then. Looking to replace and see several options online. Most are cell replacements without housing. Is this an easy changeout? I can’t find any directions/videos online. I’ve removed the the cell with housing before for cleaning so I know I can do that, but not sure about removing the cell from housing. The cell by itself is significantly cheaper without the housing, so that’s my preferred repair method.

Anyone done this before? Any tips or instructions you can point me towards.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi MK. You are correct. Not well known, and no longer a vendor for my pool builder, whom isn’t of much help. Thus my original question. I can change out the housing and all, but wasn’t sure about just changing the “guts” alone. Was curious if others had tackled this. Can’t find instructions online. If I needed to spend the extra $ to get the housing for an easier swap, I willl. But if it’s simple I’d just assume I do it myself.

A quick search shows replacement should be easy. I would contact the company for vendors for replacement cells.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.