FranklinS

Jun 26, 2022
Cincinnati, Oh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Several years ago, my 24' Hayward sand filter pool had BLACK stains on the bottom. Then, as now, vitamin C dissolves the Green stains on the walls and a bit on the bottom. TFP was very helpful then, instructing me how to get rid of this problem. Unfortunately, I lost my notes and have had to create a new account with TFP. I do remember getting my ph in line and ordering ascorbic acid from Amazon and using borax with that. I just can't seem to remember how I determined how much of each and in what order to use them. Any help would be most appreciated!

Welcome back! :wave: A few things:

1 - If you have algae, you have to do the SLAM Process first before treating for iron.
2 - Once the pool is algae-free, you can perform an AA treatment as noted below.
3 - I'll tag @Leebo just to double-check and see if he still has access to your old profile.
4 - Don't forget to update your signature. Include which test kit you use and that you are on a well.

The link below should help. Also save our Pool Care Basics for more great info.

[/slam]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.