ARTESIAN ISLAND ELITE - HEATER TOO HOT/SENSOR B 114*

Just turn the temp down so that the actual temp is higher than the set temp. This should turn off the heater. If you still have voltage going to the heater at that point, it is a stuck relay. Remove the board and bring to an electronics shop, where it will take maybe 15 minutes to put in a new relay, and they can determine which it is. At a local shop it should be around $100. You can send it off somewhere, but it will cost more, plus shipping, and you can't bring it back if it didn't work.

It's sounding like a bad relay is a BAD thing, not an easy fix.
I guess that depends on your definition of "easy".

Reactions: jeremycrook
Just turn the temp down so that the actual temp is higher than the set temp. This should turn off the heater. If you still have voltage going to the heater at that point, it is a stuck relay. Remove the board and bring to an electronics shop, where it will take maybe 15 minutes to put in a new relay, and they can determine which it is. At a local shop it should be around $100. You can send it off somewhere, but it will cost more, plus shipping, and you can't bring it back if it didn't work.

I guess that depends on your definition of "easy".
I didn’t think the entire board might be the issue, it seems lots of techs just replace the entire thing. We shall see tomorrow if it’s the relay or board.
Whats the average price or going rate for a replacement board?

Depends on the system. $200-$600 for most, but some can be even more.
The entire board is not the issue, but the relay is soldered to the board, so unless you are a pro at soldering I would bring it to someone. Do the job wrong and you could end up with no choice but to buy a new one.
In the field, I do not offer board repair. I'll remove it (and charge you for doing so) but it's up to you to get it repaired and deal with any issues that may result. Then I will charge you to return and reinstall it. Or you can just buy a new board, which wouldn't really save you anything on labor but would get it fixed faster if my supplier had it in stock.
There should be a 5 digit number, probably starting with 5, printed on the circuit board. With this number you can find a new board, if it's still available.

Depends on the system. $200-$600 for most, but some can be even more.
The entire board is not the issue, but the relay is soldered to the board, so unless you are a pro at soldering I would bring it to someone. Do the job wrong and you could end up with no choice but to buy a new one.
In the field, I do not offer board repair. I'll remove it (and charge you for doing so) but it's up to you to get it repaired and deal with any issues that may result. Then I will charge you to return and reinstall it. Or you can just buy a new board, which wouldn't really save you anything on labor but would get it fixed faster if my supplier had it in stock.
There should be a 5 digit number, probably starting with 5, printed on the circuit board. With this number you can find a new board, if it's still available.
I’m just thinking worse case scenario. I’ll double check the voltage tomorrow at lunch and verify it’s the relay. If so, what type of electronic store should I take the board to?

UPDATE: I was able to get the relay soldered in and put back in. I plugged everything back in and wired it all up, she came up to temp throughout the night and was @ 104* this morning.

I will watch everything the next week or two and relay the information.

Thank you everyone who chimed in on this, especially @RDspaguy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.