Argh! Vinyl liner water down to 3-4 inches! MOSTLY FIXED :)

Re: Argh! Vinyl liner water down to 3-4 inches! STILL LEAKIN

Well, I used a bigger bucket this morning to check again, and went by a pool store to see what they had to say. They had nothing to add, and knew of no one with a dry suit to dive the thing. :lol: Came home and the bucket was again floating in the pool. So now, the bucket is secured with a rope! But I do not know if the bucket will evaporate at the same rate as the pool in the wind since the wind won't glide across it like the pool.

Looking at my mark on the poolside, I want to say I lost another 1/8" in the last 7 hours.

Wondering if I'm gonna have to buy a drysuit. Planning to dig a water well this spring (mostly for irrigation), so I guess I could accelerate that by a few months and keep filling the pool until water is warm enough for to determine the cause of the leak, but lord knows what kind of metal and other contaminants the well water will have.

Re: Argh! Vinyl liner water down to 3-4 inches! STILL LEAKIN

Lershac said:
Ya know at this point I would be thinking it could wait till spring. Unless its just interesting to you!

We had a lot less income and a lot more medical bills than we budgeted for this year, so I am very interested in avoiding a $3k hit next spring. Otherwise, yeah, I am pretty sick of messing with this! :lol: I'll put a little more effort into before I call it quits *grins*

Re: Argh! Vinyl liner water down to 3-4 inches! MOSTLY FIXED

So, I thought I checked the water level when the pool guy left, and I thought it had lost a significant amount... but in the last 4 days, using the bucket test and marks, the bucket has gained 1/16" (it rained once to make up for evaporation); and the pool has lost about 1/16". I believe that figures up to about 1" per month.

I think losing 1"/month should be acceptable until next pool season. Planning to close again in the few days and check periodically.

I sincerely want to thank everyone who helped me out with this! This might have been a real nightmare, and was much easier thanks to all of you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.