Are Ultra XTR parts interchangeable with Ultra frame?

Jun 10, 2015
mena AR
We have a 2017 26’ x 52” Intex ultra frame. We use chlorine with sand filter and live in the mid south. Our frame has begun to rust and while the liner and other parts and equipment are still good we wanted to either replace major parts of the horizontal beams or get a new pool. Intex no longer carries (parts not available) the beams we are looking for and on Amazon eBay they are $40 each yikes! A new 26’ Intex is roughly $2300 (more than we are able to spend right now) on the sites I have perused. After trying Facebook and Craig’s list I wondered if the horizontal beams of the new line would be interchangeable with the ultra frame at $11 each that would be closer to $500. Any input is very much welcome thank you!

I don’t know the answer, but before you shell out any cash I would call Intex directly and ask them. I wouldn’t be surprised if the answer is no, not interchangeabl.

The answer is no. I just sat on hold for an hour to speak to Intex about the same size pool. I have a 2015 UF 22 x 52 that I only need a liner for. They don’t make them any more. They changed the ultra frame t-joint and leg design in 2018. Believe me, I tried every combination of trying to utilize my frame and not have to buy a new one. This is why the ebay retailers can charge what they do - there are no parts to be found at reasonable prices. Frustrating.

Reactions: geoffphuket
I would just like to put im my 2 cents. We have a 2014 Intex 16X32X52 rectangular ulta framed pool. I WILL be ordering a new 2018 liner for and although the customer service rep said it is a completely different pool and wont fit.. we are going to spend the over 800 which includes $250 shipping to order the new liner.
Let me just say, after talking to a few different cust service reps at intex, I've decided I don't believe they even know what they are talking about.. this is why.. and I suggest anyone else to do the same. Start by ordering smaller parts and see if they are the same on your current pool. I ordered the U shaped support leg which they said would not fit and it ended up being the same leg with just a bit darker paint. It fits our old pool PERFECTLY, we also ordered a top cross beam and the same thing. Its all very frustrating. I am ordering the liner today.
I cannot speak for every intex pool or be responsible for anyone else choice, I've been researching for months and have com to the conclusion they simply want you to buy a whole new pool.
***See the pictures I have attached Old parts fit with new parts just fine, old are light grey, New parts are dark grey***

Attachments

• pool u leg.jpg
    pool u leg.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 27
  • pool cross bar.jpg
    pool cross bar.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: mnprevost and Pv2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.