Are these liner issues I should be worried about?

Hudsongirl

May 4, 2024
New York
Our pool builder has been an absolute nightmare. Our liner install was a couple weeks ago and in one corner there is air behind the liner where you can push the liner to sit against the corner with your hand, but it's stretched in a way that it does not sit against the pool wall in this corner if you don't push on it. Will the liner stretch in this corner over time, is a small air pocket like this an issue I need to worry about?

On the other side of the pool there is a 5-6 inch wrinkle about 1/2" high. I assume that a single wrinkle like that on the side wall won't be a big issue?

The liner may settle in and stretch as the water temperature increases. Or not.

Wait and see.

Does it sit in the groove of the other corners ? All 4 of mine are rounded in 90 degree corners. My old pool was too.

Does it sit in the groove of the other corners ? All 4 of mine are rounded in 90 degree corners. My old pool was too.
It doesn't sit in the groove, but it's not like 1-1.5" away from the corner either, maybe around 1/4" in the other corners. I assume it's just because this was the corner they had a vent when filling the pool and it didn't have as much slack by the time they removed it. My only concern is if this signals there is tension there and it's gonna pop out of the track

My only concern is if this signals there is tension there and it's gonna pop out of the track
The corners should have liner lock wedges shoved in there. For Less than $30 i highly suggest you do the whole pool. It'll take no more than 15 mins and stop areas from pullong out down the road. You literally just push it into the seam at the track with your fingers. If it's tight use a block of wood and a rubber ballot to finish tapping it in.

The corners should have liner lock wedges shoved in there. For Less than $30 i highly suggest you do the whole pool. It'll take no more than 15 mins and stop areas from pullong out down the road. You literally just push it into the seam at the track with your fingers. If it's tight use a block of wood and a rubber ballot to finish tapping it in.
It does have liner lock, but thanks for letting me know it's that cheap. The builder (again super awful) pieced together an old piece of liner lock with a new roll and that particular corner happens to be yellowed and doesn't match the rest so I may just buy a piece to fix that corner anyway

They used 3 or 4 colors in my corners. :roll:

Some of my liner was pulling out because they only LL'd the corners so I made the PB LL the whole thing, in one color.

But it's stupid easy, and cheap, so I would have DIYd that in a heartbeat if I had to. There was no need to die on that hill, but I won the battle anyway and took the win. Lol.

thanks for letting me know it's that cheap
Click the blue link above if you decide to go for it. There were ones for $4 less but had long shipping times and/or shipping charges. But the link above will get you going in the right direction, to rabit hole further. :)

Reactions: Hudsongirl
They used 3 or 4 colors in my corners. :roll:

Some of my liner was pulling out because they only LL'd the corners so I made the PB LL the whole thing, in one color.

But it's stupid easy, and cheap, so I would have DIYd that in a heartbeat if I had to. There was no need to die on that hill, but I won the battle anyway and took the win. Lol.

Click the blue link above if you decide to go for it. There were ones for $4 less but had long shipping times and/or shipping charges. But the link above will get you going in the right direction, to rabit hole further. :)
I already made them re-do it because at first they had only liner locked the corners and a few random spots with this old yellowed liner lock and they ordered a new roll and put it in yesterday, but apparently they didn't order enough because they decided to leave this one corner with the old piece that doesn't match. Pretty par for the course with this builder though and definitely not even close to my biggest gripe.

Reactions: Newdude