Are Hayward Colorlogic lights really this bad?!?

zamazing

Jul 18, 2015
Bergen County, NJ
Between my pool and spa, I have 5 Hayward Colorlogic lights of different sizes. Two were previously replaced under warranty (parts only, not labor) and 4 out of 5 are now dead. At almost $1000 each, it’s hard to justify replacing them. The latest OmniLogic firmware claims to now support Pentair lights. Are they any better or is there another brand I should consider.?

give these guys a call and see if they have replacement lights for you :)

I have 21 Colorlogic 320 in my pool. I have had 13 of them replaced already under warranty with 4 more now dead and not getting any feedback from my pool builder. The new ones (all but 1) have not failed again. I think its a known issue to Hayward.

Do those other ones work?

I do not have them yet but they are cheaper and look like a better quality.. One thing I have figured out this week is the power supplies are killing the LED lights... LED lights were designed to be run on 12V DC current not AC current.. 12V AC is cheaper ta make, a 100 watt AC is 80 dollars and a 100 watt DC is 220 dollars... But DC ran LED lights will be MUCH brighter and last WAY longer... I will be buying 6 of the sunseaker nichless lights and running them DC... :)

Reactions: ErVikingo
Let us know. I have a whole house surge suppressor (at the power feed into the house) so Hayward's tech determined I had a bad batch of lights. I wish I could get them to replace the rest of them. Not giving up

I am generally getting about a year from these Hayward lights. Really frustrating. I was looking at the Florida Sunseeker but noticed they need a return fixture to mount in. My 320’s mount inside 1.5” pvc. No fitting as this is how the 320’s are designed to be installed. How are you getting around this?

These lights go into the 1.5" receptacle. Call them if you are unsure.
Thanks. Yes I understand that. What I was trying to figure out is for those that use 320’s, how do they use the sunseeker since the sunseeker needs a receptacle. The 320’s install in a 1.5” pvc pipe with no receptacle since it uses a compression fit to make itself watertight. I want to switch to the sunseeker but I can’t see an easy install without a receptacle. I did speak to the Florida sunseeker guys previously and they said it might be possible to tap the inside of the PVC pipe to create threads. I’m uneasy to do this though as the pipe is schedule 40.

My understanding is they will provide you a silicone ring that will provide a friction fit. The same as they use for the Globrites. The lights are big around, 6" in diameter or so, so that can be an issue. But if you spoke to them and they will not work, great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.