Aquavac 500 problems

Cdegrass

Apr 28, 2020
Ottawa
So I purchased a new pool 2 years ago and the sales rep recommended the Aquavac 500 to clean my pool. The unit seems to run fine but I noticed that it would not climb the walls of my pool when going forward into the wall. In reverse, it would climb about 70% of the time but never forward. The unit would just bump against the wall and the tires would spin without climbing. I called my pool installer and then Hayward, long story short, they said it was working as designed. I went to a showroom where they were selling a Polaris and asked if the unit had any problems climbing the sidewalls and they demoed a showroom model to me and it had no problems. Keep in mind I tried everything to get this unit to wash the sides of my pool, from adding floats inside to elastics on the wheels to no avail. Hayward sent the local service tech to look at the unit and he finally agreed to replace the unit. The new unit does the same thing. I finally gave up and simply run the unit twice as long to cover most of my pool.
Am I the only person with this problem? P.S. Tho pool was clean and at the right temperature :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.