aquasport 52

Jojoru

Jul 23, 2020
New jersey
I'm looking into buying the aquasport 52 pool. I want to do a semi inground install about 3 ft deep. Will I need to use a cement slurry to backfill or is that not necessary. I've noticed every other pool requires a cement backfill if you are placing it greater than 2 ft. I plan on placing a deck around the entire pool to give it an inground pool look. Any info will be helpful. Thanks.

Jo, it's been a while since you posted here and no one apparently has experience with the aquasport 52, or at least they haven't been online yet. But as a new member we want to at least welcome you to the forum. Feel free to reply back to this thread as much as needed to keep it active and visible in the forum. Good luck with your research.

I'm not sure if you're still around, but the semi installs I've looked into require different things, so I think it's best to call the manufacture of that particular pool and see what they recommend. For instance, the doughboy pools require a slurry backfill. The wilbar optimum pool requires a concrete collar and then a stone backfill. And I'll bet a lot of DIYers just fill back with what they took out. Good luck!

I'm looking into buying the aquasport 52 pool. I want to do a semi inground install about 3 ft deep. Will I need to use a cement slurry to backfill or is that not necessary. I've noticed every other pool requires a cement backfill if you are placing it greater than 2 ft. I plan on placing a deck around the entire pool to give it an inground pool look. Any info will be helpful. Thanks.
Wondering if you installed your pool or ever got an answer to your question? From what I can find, a slurry is not needed for this pool as it is for rolled wall pools because the walls are much stronger. We are planning to have ours installed full inground next spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.