AquaRite SWG

It should be fine to turn it off and just run the filter for a little while. Just don't forget to turn it back on! You will want to keep a close eye on your FC though. With all of the pollen falling right now, and rain, your FC could drop very fast. If you SWG is adjustable, it might be better to just lower the output than to turn it all the way off.

What are your chemical levels?

I just saw your numbers in another post from today. I would not turn off your SWG with a 6.5 FC and CYA of 30. You are just barely high in your target range. A good dump of pollen could eat that fast.

Many of us actually shoot for barely high. Or perfectly high. It gives you wiggle room if events happen (sun, rain, pollen, high bather load, etc) before your SWG makes more FC to put you back in range.

Reactions: genlee
g,

Please add the model of your Aquarite to your signature. What % power and run time are you on right now? What has the trend been? What are your most recent results? It's fine from an equipment perspective to turn it off but I need more information to advise. In general, I would not be concerned at all by a 6.5 ppm FC.

Chris

g,

Please add the model of your Aquarite to your signature. What % power and run time are you on right now? What has the trend been? What are your most recent results? It's fine from an equipment perspective to turn it off but I need more information to advise. In general, I would not be concerned at all by a 6.5 ppm FC.

Chris
a) AquaRite chlorine generator (listed in my signature), b) 40%, 5 hrs, c) Fc=7-8,pH=8.,CH=50,TA=130,TYA=30
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.