Aquarite Software Update

Jen_Pool_Mom

Jul 1, 2019
Illinois
We need to replace the cell in our Aquarite Chlorine Generator. We currently have a T-9 cell. The pool store site states that a T-9 cell "requires software revision 1.5 for AquaRite or 4.2 for AquaLogic or newer to be compatible." Going straight to the manufacturer, I called Hayward and asked their customer support how I upgrade the software on my board. They suggested I contact a local dealer for help.

Does anyone know how to upgrade your software, or if it is even possible?

I noticed that the t-15 did not require the software upgrade. Would another option be to replace my T-9 with a T-15 and just change the cell setting on my control panel?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

What is your software revision?
The very old controllers only worked with T-15 (or T-5) cells. Then they released the smaller cells and software version to make use of those smaller cells. The old controllers with old software must have a T-15.

If you had a T-9, then your controller must be setup to run a T-9.
I would think that you have the option to use a T-15 by changing settings in the software, again assuming that your version is new enough to support the T-9 you had.

The box is original to our pool, 2004. Our cell is clean but we are not generating any chlorine. Our salt level tested 2500, but is showing 200 on the control panel. It's an AQR system, and we've replaced the T-9 cell twice now, but the website says that units older than 2009 need a software upgrade to run a T-9 cell. I don't want to order a new cell and have it not work with our panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.