Greenville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi. I'm new hear. I have looked a lot for this exact issu, but if I missed I apologize.

My AquaRite after shows 0 avg and instant salt. Both check salt and inspect cell are lit solid. It is T9 cell. The voltage is approx 32 and amperage is 0. I have tried to power cycle but it just goes back to this state after the startup cycle.

I tried to force it to generate burning it up to 100 but no instant salt or current.

I have a feeling it is my board but what else should I be checking? Is the current limiter a likely culprit?

Any guidance would be awesome.

Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.

Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.

Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

Report all readings.

What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?

What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?

What is the T-cell size?

Is the T-cell size set correctly in settings?

To get the performance percentage of the cell, divide the instant salinity reading by the actual salinity reading.

You need to be really sure about the actual salinity reading.

You need to use a K-1766 salt test kit or a calibrated meter.

I have ordered a K-1766 set. I am fairly certain my cell is not working. It shows 32 V and 0 amps no matter what I did with that cell. I put in my old "cracked" cell and it will measure salt and generate chlorine (23 V 6A) but it leaks. I am working on a warranty claim on my 2 month old cell.

Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.

Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.

Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

Report all readings.

OK lots of readings here

Generic Replacement "T-9" Cell (I expect I got what I paid for here, but i expected more than 2 months)
From Auto to Off
0, 72, 32.5, 0.00, 100P, -0, AL-0, r1.59, T-9
Off to Auto
0, 72, 32.7, 0.00, 100P -0, AL-0, r1.59, T-9
Off for a bit and back to Auto
0, 72, 32.4, 0.00, 100P -0, AL-0, r1.59, T-9
After a bit it will light solid Check Salt and Inspect Cell

As there are no markings on the cell to identify what size, I tried the different Cell sizes and no significant changes were noticed in the readings.

I switched back to my cracked and leaking Hayward 925 cell and get the following readings
0, 72, 26.2, 6.25, 100P, -4900, AL-0, r1.59, T-9
I do get a blinking High Salt after a while but it keeps generating.

I added to much salt prior to doing my homework. I am waiting on my K-1766 kit but I measure the salt with a test strip at ~4200.
I know how to update the AVG Salt reading, I what just trying to follow the requested steps

I prematurely ordered a new PCB board. Both Cells perform the same way on both PCBs.

Based on what I see, I have a bad cell or a bad cell cable (no visible breaks or cuts). I have reached out to the seller/manufacturer for a warranty claim.
Let me know if I am heading down the right path.

Thanks for the help and patience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.