Huntsville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have an Aquarite S3 panel controlling pump, lights and SWG. THE SWG and lights I can control from the Omnilogic App just fin. However, the Hayward VS 900 is not responding to any inputs from the main control panel or the App. It works just fine when I program it from the pumps control panel. I’ve doubled check the wiring and I cannot seem to find anything wrong(obviously something is). IMG_9786.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9785.jpeg
    IMG_9785.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9784.jpeg
    IMG_9784.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9783.jpeg
    IMG_9783.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 9
You need to disconnect the cable to the pump display.

Only one control interface can be active at a time…

1708800967971.png

Last edited:
You reading the manual?

Page 9 in https://hayward.com/media/akeneo_connector/asset_files/1/0/1011785_RevA_ae92.pdf

Remove the control panel and disconnect the cable.
My bad. I was looking at the Aquarite Manual. But now that I followed those instructions, the pump doesn’t come on at all. The Aquarite control panel says it is on and priming, but the pump isn’t doing anyth8ng. I have checked the wiring IAW both manuals and I cannot see what’s wrong. It’s obvious the panel‘s commands are not reaching the pump, but I don’t know why?

Is the pump wired to continuous power?

Check that the RS-485 wires all make good connections in the connector blocks.

Is the pump wired to continuous power?

Check that the RS-485 wires all make good connections in the connector blocks.
As far as I can tell, it’s wired to continuous power. And I’m confused. In the attached photo the Rs-485 block has the wires running to the control panel attached to the pump. If I disconnect it, I will have no inputs to the RS-485 block at the pump. IMG_9784.jpeg

As far as I can tell, it’s wired to continuous power. And I’m confused. In the attached photo the Rs-485 block has the wires running to the control panel attached to the pump. If I disconnect it, I will have no inputs to the RS-485 block at the pump. View attachment 555282
Did you connect a RS-485 wire from the OmniPL to the pump?

The pump control panel needs to be disconnected and just the OmniPL needs to be connected.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As far as I can tell, it’s wired to continuous power.
Is the pump power directly wired to a circut breaker and not through an OMNIPL relay?

And I’m confused.

So am I.

In the attached photo the Rs-485 block has the wires running to the control panel attached to the pump.

Which wire are you talking about? I see two wires on the low voltage side of the picture.

Where does the wire go to? The wire going to the control panel attached to the pump or to the OMNIPL panel?

If I disconnect it, I will have no inputs to the RS-485 block at the pump.
The RS-485 block should be attached to the OMNIPL and not the pump control panel.
img_9784-jpeg.555282

Is the pump power directly wired to a circut breaker and not through an OMNIPL relay?

So am I.

Which wire are you talking about? I see two wires on the low voltage side of the picture.

Where does the wire go to? The wire going to the control panel attached to the pump or to the OMNIPL panel?

The RS-485 block should be attached to the OMNIPL and not the pump control panel.

img_9784-jpeg.555282
Ok, so I went back and did my homework. Reread all theee manuals; VS 900 Pump, Aquarite S3, and the Aquarite upgrade manual. The pump is wired directly to a breaker inside the main power panel for the pool pad. So that’s correct. Next:

1. disconnected the control panel on the pump
2. set dip switches to off
3. used additional RS 485 terminal block that was provided with the VS 900
4. connected communication cable to RS 485 terminal at the S3, bare wire to 4, yellow to 3, and black to terminal 2
5. Connected the corresponding wires to the other RS 485 block at the pump
When I apply power back to everything, the S3 Control panel says the pump is priming and on, but it is not. The pump never comes on. As soon as I reconfigure everything and connect the control panel at the pump, it works fine. I am dumb founded.

The number 1 dip switch is still up. All dip switches need to be off. Also once you apply power to it with the dip switches set there’s a capacitor or battery that remembers the setting. Flip the breaker to the pump off for 10 or 15 minutes so it can reset then turn it back on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 1
The number 1 dip switch is still up. All dip switches need to be off. Also once you apply power to it with the dip switches set there’s a capacitor or battery that remembers the setting. Flip the breaker to the pump off for 10 or 15 minutes so it can reset then turn it back on.
The dip switch in your pump is light blue in color

The comm wire you ran needs the connector in that plastic bag then switch it out with the one already attached. You can just tuck it in after you disconnect it.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 1