Aquarite display shows only 9900

Brando

Mar 31, 2013
Yesterday "inspect Cell" was on, while i was turning the system off i noticed that the display would flash and "jiggle" a little when i moved the switch or pressed the diagnostic button, seemed like a loose or dirty connection.
I took the cell off and started a cleaning in a bucket with diluted Muriatic acid>
This a.m., with the power of i took off the face plate and removed the the small PCB board from the unit , i used canned air to blow out the holes on the back of the board and wiped the pins coming off the main board with alcohol and gave them a little rub with some 2000 grit sandpaper.
I also slid the 3 way switch back and forth quickly a bit as it seemed a bit gummed up (this may be my downfall)
Cell was clean and i reinstalled. Plugged the board back in and powered up
only Power light comes on (not even no flow)
Display shows 9900
Diagnostic button cycles display, and moving the switch from Auto to Super Chlorinate i can change the temp reading between metric and imperial but not the AL reading.
Im wondering if i bunged up that switch
Any other insight?
Video here
Aquarite PCB issue

Last edited:
The problem is the AL-5 setting, which probably gets changed by a specific set of control inputs.

It probably happened due to the loose display board.

There's probably a set of control inputs that will get you back to AL-0, but I don't know what they are.

Hayward might tell you if you email them, but I suspect that they will say you need to replace the board.

Every once in a while, this happens when the display board is loose and the setting gets changed to AL-5.

I'm pretty sure that there's a way to switch it back by a specific set of inputs, but I don't know what they are.

Every once in a while, this happens when the display board is loose and the setting gets changed to AL-5.

I'm pretty sure that there's a way to switch it back by a specific set of inputs, but I don't know what they are.
Yes, change the display to AL-6 the move the switch from auto to super Chlorinate...usually, it doesn't change it in this instance, going to try it again.

Hi James.. I was about to call you in...

I was going to suggest confirming the display board was seated well.. it seemed loose when you flip the switch and check that the plug to the cell didn't wiggle loose.
Its always been loose like that.
i am going to see if i can snug it up a bit but its on those plastic legs and the board just snap over the ends.

I tried the steps again to change the AL-5 setting, it would not change, though i can still toggle between Fahrenheit
and celsius/metric.
i cut power and removed the board, double checked connection, seems fine aside from being a little loose... those plastic legs are not in good shape and have lost side support wings on a couple, the presumed reason for being loose. ill figuire out a way to secure them better, perhaps wrapping the base with thread to pull the back against the board.
Digressing.
I reassembled after 30 minutes powered back on...same symptoms.
I suppose i should contact hayward and see if there is a secret reset or something.

I found a complete control box on offerup, guy said make and offer..looks in really good condition, said it was installed at a home he purchased.
Im wating for a reply( asked if he had a price in mind...)

You don't have any equipment in your signature, that's the little forum way of having a quick reference to your setup. SO... if you buy the guys box, make sure it supports the cell you have. There is one line of that only works with the T15.. excuse me if I don't remember how to id it off the top of my head.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You don't have any equipment in your signature, that's the little forum way of having a quick reference to your setup. SO... if you buy the guys box, make sure it supports the cell you have. There is one line of that only works with the T15.. excuse me if I don't remember how to id it off the top of my head.
good point, i have a REV C board in mine, same with his. Ill take a harder look and see.

OP, if you are determined to replace the mainboard why not consider replacing it to the newest r1.59 for reliability! It is a direct replacement.
I just saw this ad on eBay for a used r1.59 for $99.99 but the title was misrepresented. If the seller is indeed selling the item pictured which is r1.59 and the pcb is functional then it is a steal.
Please note; I am in no way affiliated with the seller. You are on your own on this.

That Ebay listing says rev 1.4.
I am not disagreeing! I mentioned that the title was misrepresented. Looking at the pictured item on the ads, the pcb has a K4 relay right next to the Thermistor.
As far as the GLX-PCB-RITE is concerned, only r1.59 have the K4 relay on it.

I am not disagreeing! I mentioned that the title was misrepresented. Looking at the pictured item on the ads, the pcb has a K4 relay right next to the Thermistor.
As far as the GLX-PCB-RITE is concerned, only r1.59 have the K4 relay on it.
can you point out the K4 relay?thermistor ? just so o know what is being referenced( and i can compare to mine)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.