Aquarite 900

So I dont have any automation. I just have a pentair pump and swg. Not sure how its wired exactly. But I assume they are separate. Is there a way to provide a signal from SWG to pump so that when pump is on SWG is on and vice versa?
When the pump is off, are the SWG lights off or on? That would be the surest way to tell if it still on with the pump is not running. also if you want post a pic of your equipment. Sometime we can figure it out from there.

I’ll get some pics for you and post them. But no, when pump is off, pump is still on, it’s just the RPM is 0 for the time I set the VS to for the night. Hence, the lights on SWG are still on, just shows no flow. Hence, why I thought it’s safe to leave that way since the sensor is built in.

I guess I need to connect with an electrician who can come up with a creative solution. Either a master time to shut off all the pool equipment. Or, find a way to connect the pump to the SWG via a remote switch of something. Kind of like when there is 0 rpm to switch off the SWG.

I’ll get some pics for you and post them. But no, when pump is off, pump is still on, it’s just the RPM is 0 for the time I set the VS to for the night. Hence, the lights on SWG are still on, just shows no flow. Hence, why I thought it’s safe to leave that way since the sensor is built in.

I guess I need to connect with an electrician who can come up with a creative solution. Either a master time to shut off all the pool equipment. Or, find a way to connect the pump to the SWG via a remote switch of something. Kind of like when there is 0 rpm to switch off the SWG.
yeah, that is not good. The flow switch is intended to be a backup. not the primary means of shutting of the cell. We all recommend you put the SWG controller on its own timer and configure it to match your pumps schedule. That is your primary on/off for the SWG.

The first timer is for 240 volts and the second timer is for 120 volts.

Last edited:
So I don’t know how or why, but my CYA is 30 and my FC is 10 produced by SWG working 14 hours a day at 50%. I dialed it down to 40%. Does that mean I can keep CYA at 30 or still need to bring it to 70?

Up to you. We suggest for more efficiency (cell life) to keep a CYA of 60-80. But you can do as you wish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I don’t know how or why, but my CYA is 30 and my FC is 10 produced by SWG working 14 hours a day at 50%. I dialed it down to 40%. Does that mean I can keep CYA at 30 or still need to bring it to 70?
Just because your CYA is low, doesn't mean your SWG won't produce Cl or that the pool will hold it... The water FC will likely hold better with a higher CYA concentration. I did this experiment one year, and I added CYA to my pool in 10 ppm increments with all other settings staying the same.. and when I hit 60-70 I noticed my FC retention spiked.. meaning I lost less chlorine. So your SWG is likely working harder than it needs to to produce the same FC given your CYA.. hope that makes sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.