Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Wondering about my Jandy AquaPure. Mostly just curiosity. Generally it works great. But there's weirdness every spring when I first turn it up after 0% all winter. That's December thru March. We don't close.

Three years running now it shows a "low current" code (120 or 121) an hour or so after turn-up. I turn back to 0% for a few minutes and then try again. After 3 or 4 of these cycles, it's fine. ...well twice it's been fine all summer. It just went through the third iteration. So far it's been good for 36 hours.

I'm wondering what this could be. Maybe something coating the plates that eventually gets cleared by the hydrolysis?

Cable is good. No visible scale. CSI always negative. Cleaning is just spraying out a bit of tree junk with a hose and sometimes poking out a few seeds with a long zip tie. No acid. I know AquaPure has a bad rep for corrosion problems, but this one seems fine. Usual chemistry: FC 6.5, pH 7.8, TA 60, CYA 70-80, CH 430, Salt 3200.

An odd thing about the cell: I think it's quite old. The serial looks like 2011. The sensor was fried when we bought in 2020. Got it running in July. So I suppose it was unused for most of 9 years, but no way of telling.

Open up the power supply unit that powers it and look at the control board. Sometimes the pin connectors get fried on the board and not always the cell.

Open up the power supply unit that powers it and look at the control board. Sometimes the pin connectors get fried on the board and not always the cell.
Great idea. Thank. Duh. I've read the wiki page on AP, and it never occurred to me. Will do this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.