AquaPure keeps resetting to chlorine rate 35% from pool pump timer

Woomy

Feb 3, 2020
Central FL
My AquaPure keeps resetting the chlorine production rate to 35% after it turns back on. Regardless of what the previous rate was left at, when the pool pump turns back on (or when breaker is turned back on) the AquaPure's chlorination rate resets to 35%. I imagine the breaker turning off or the pump turning off (which shuts down the SWG) is resetting any saved settings for the AquaPure. Is this intended behavior? It's very inconvenient.

(Update: Talked to Jandy support--they weren't helpful. Then talked to Pinch-a-Penny, they initially thought it was due to the wiring. They called their Jandy representative while working on it, the Jandy representative told them it was a bad circuit board.)

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Will Jandy be replacing the board under warranty?

Since you don't have a signature I don;t know what size SWG cell you have. Please create your signature with details of your pool so we can give you specific advice.

Assuming you have the 1400 cell, note that the 1400 cell has a capacity of 1.25 lbs of CL/day while the TruClear has an output of 0.92 lbs of CL/day. The 1400 has almost 1/3 more CL capacity you are giving up.

How old is the cell?

Can you install the SWG yourself? Look at what is available at Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Just created a signature. Thanks for the saltwater chlorine generator comparisons.

I recently bought a house with the pool system already installed. The SWG was installed in 2008, the previous owners noted that the cell was replaced--but their notes are vague (says "170/193 125 - cell replaced" on their replacement cell's manual).

I'm not in position to install the SWG myself.

From the comparisons, it does seem to make sense for me to upgrade from AquaPure 700 to TruClear--assuming the cell lifespans are similar. More/enough CL/day and cheaper cell replacements.

Pinch A Penny told me the materials are $1100 and the labor is $250 (for $1350 total).

How much is your electrical rate? With a 2HP single speed pump you are wasting a ton of electricity, but if it is cheap enough then who cares. The smaller capacity of SWG system you get the longer the pump needs to run to make enough chlorine.

How much is your electrical rate? With a 2HP single speed pump you are wasting a ton of electricity, but if it is cheap enough then who cares. The smaller capacity of SWG system you get the longer the pump needs to run to make enough chlorine.

I'm not well versed on this, but is it possible the previous owners chose a 2HP single speed pump because they want the pool's 2 fountains and 1 waterfall to always run while the pump is on? Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into how much a variable speed pump would save me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.