AquaPure Intermittent No Flow Message

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
Hi everyone, I am on my 2nd year of owning a new pool and I have an issue with my Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 showing no flow messages on the status page of the iAqualink app from time to time. Long story short, last year I was running my VSP pump 24 hours a day on low...like 1200. I had my chlorine % no higher than 30% in the hottest months and all my levels were great. This year, I have been doing the same, but I noticed that I needed to up my chlorine % to 50% in order to maintain solid free chlorine numbers. After scratching my head why, I realized that from time to time my sensor would show no flow messages which explains why I needed to up the chlorine % higher as it was not working some of time. I took off the sensor and even though it looked perfect, I still cleaned it, backwashed, and it seemed to be okay for the next day or so and I figured it was fixed. Well, the issue is back again about a month later. I plan to backwash, clean the pump basket, skimmers, clean the sensor again, but does anyone else have any idea what else could be wrong besides a bad sensor in general? The flow message goes away when I double the VSP speed so I figured I would up the VSP to 1300...still got it, then 1500...still got it. Something seems weird because I can go a few days and I think all is well (I am not checking all day long to see if I have flow but periodically when I think of it) but last year I was fine running at 1200 speed and it never gave an issue. Just asking to see if anyone has any ideas. I dont love the idea of having to replace the sensor 1.5 years into owning it.

Thanks!

When was the last time you backwashed your filter?

What is your clean filter pressure PSI at what RPMs?

What is your current filter pressure PSI at what RPMs?

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

You may have algae slowly clogging your filter.

When you urn off your pump you slump the DE and clear the filter. As the pool runs the filter then clogs from algae until you get the NO FLOW.

I backwashed 29 days ago. My clean filter pressure is about 14 and my dirty limit is 24, I am currently at about 21 when running the pump on high. My free chlorine this morning was 7 so I think I should good there but you make a valid point about it maybe getting clogged. I should mention that when I switch from a low RPM on the VSP to mid or high range, I am getting some bubbles that come out of the returns but it goes away after about 30 seconds. I was told that is normal though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.