AquaPure for both pool and spa

CGNY

Apr 28, 2018
NY
All,

Jandy AquaLink Touch provides for separate chlorine production settings for pool and spa. Pool works fine however when switching to Spa all signs of AquaPure disappear from status screen which means no chlorine production in Spa mode. Pool was installed many years ago, when I questioned pool builder he said, for safety reasons we only set it up to produce chlorine in pool mode. Two questions:

1- Is this typical setup?
2- If not how do I change it? I have been in and out of every area of the AquaLink Touch but can't seem to find a setting.

thanks

CG

You want very little if any chlorine production while in spa mode. An elevated chlorine amount in hot water is not good.

Do you check your chlorine levels in your spa and pool when testing? They should be very close to each other during normal operation.

If you are testing the chlorine levels to be lower in the spa, then you need to make a cycle to use pool suction water and return it to the spa to flush the spa water.

Hi Ping,

Thanks for responding. Single pump services the pool and spa therefore normal pool mode operates in pool suction and pool/spa return. Water chemistry is almost always obsessively perfect. Spa chemistry is identical to pool chemistry while in pool mode, my thought process was when running spa mode for several hours it would be nice for my ChemLink to sense when ORP level drops in the Spa and serve up a little chlorine production.

Good point regarding elevated chlorine in hot water, that answers my question as it would create an unsafe Spa. Thanks again.

CG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.