Aquapure error

JFQ

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2015
Columbia SC
I have an Aquapure 1400 system that is in its fifth year of use. I experienced an intermittent General Fault error code (120 mostly, 121 at times). I replaced the cell, tri-sensor and DC power cord but still got the same error codes. A local Jandy service guy then replaced the PCB power interface board but I am still getting the same errors! Chemistry is all good. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

Make sure the board is configured for a 1400 cell, there is a jumper that should be connected on the board.

Maybe something with the new cell is bad? Those codes indicate a scaled cell or damaged cell or cord.

Do you have the troubleshooting workbook? Do a search for Aquapure workbook and you should be able to find something that will show the jumper and some voltages to measure.

Is your salt level correct? I see these codes from time to time as well even with the new cell and cable I just installed. If the system wasn't a jandy automation system, I'd probably dump the stupid unit and get a hayward.

An update... my local Jandy service guy was also stumped. New 1400 cell, new Tri sensor, new DC cord, new PCB. He asked around amongst his peers and someone suggested raising the salinity to 3500 ppm or so. This seemed to me like a shot in the dark as it had worked reliably for several years at 3200 ppm. (I do measure salinity using the Taylor salt test kit and calibrate the Aquapure from the results.) Well, I did add 40 pounds of salt, enough to raise the salt to 3500 ppm and voila'! No errors for a week now. I could not go a day without 120 or 121 errors. I know the higher salinity will increase the conductivity of the pool water but I would have thought its contribution would be minor compared with the hard wired components. Go figure...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So. the intermittent 120/121 errors return! I cleaned the year old 1400 cell although it had minimal scaling. There was a little corrosion at one of the DC cord connections to the cell. The DC voltage at the cell was a bit high at 35v while the error codes were present, but while there was no error code the voltage at the cell was only 1.6v!. Crazy. I have not measured the cell voltage at the back board test points (my foot is in a cast...) but does this sound more like a back board issue? I know the next step is to actually measure at the board itself...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.