Aquapure 1400 melting Backboard. I did a search, I swear.

Kent M

Jun 12, 2018
Folsom CA
  • I'm on my 3rd backboard. I bought a new cell and sensor last year. They are clean and the pins and cable look good. When I got the 123 code I replaced the backboard. Everything was fine for a month. Now I'm getting the 123 error code again. When I went to check it out the pin connector was melted on the two cables coming from the transformer. Is the problem with the transformer or downstream(cable, connections, sensor, cell,etc)
    Any help is greatly appreciated

attachment.php
    attachment.php

+ Reply to Thread

[h=3]
reply_40b.png
Quick Reply[/h]

I wonder if you had a surge or lighting strike close by?

I'm in Northern CA. No lighting but its possible we had a surge. We did have a few really hot days so everyone cranked the AC on.
I thought the transformer would provide clean steady power but it sounds like i better install surge protection before i put in another backboard. Should I replace transformer too. After it fried the contacts on the last board i cleaned the plugs really good and replaced the backboard. Worked great for a while.

Thank you so much for the replies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.