Aquapod 2.0 Battery

I have the Hayward Aqua Pod 2 AQL2-POD2 remote for my automation controller. The battery stopped charging and the remote only worked on the charging station. I searched and found no joy, so I took it apart which is simple, and started looking for a battery.

So I got this battery from Amazon. I went to batteries plus and they didn't have one, but he did give me the run down of what to look for:

1. The voltage is important, so get the 3.7V to match up.
2. the mAh doesn't matter much, it's the capacity of the battery essentially, so I got this 1800mAh batter to replace the1400mAh that was in the remote, and this one should have more capacity to hold charge.
3. Wh makes little difference here.

The Connector was of course different size. So, go black to black, red to red and yellow (thermistor sensor to shut down charging) to yellow.

Personally, I wouldn't get one that isn't yellow. This basically tells the battery to stop charging. I did a simple splice with a shrink wire cover and a heat gun, and bam.

This thing works well, holds charge, no issues at all. They say buy a new $700 remote, and you can fix with a $7 battery, this is annoying and frustrating. Pisses me off actaully, and I like the Hayward equipment very much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.